EXPIERIENCED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
World of Animals Veterinary Hospital is looking for a veterinary technician to work as part of a great team providing exemplary customer service to our clients and high-quality veterinary care for our patients. Ability to monitor patients under anesthesia REQUIRED.
- Assisting veterinarians during examinations and procedures
- Phlebotomy and intravenous catheter placement
- Performing or assisting with diagnostic tests such as radiographs, urinalysis, fecal exams and blood tests
- Monitoring patients under anesthesia by using multi parameter monitoring equipment and manual methods.
- Perform dental radiology and dental cleaning & polishing of patients while under anesthesia
- Conducting routine procedures like ear cleaning and immunizations
- Preparing animals for surgery, inducing anesthesia, assisting in surgery and post-anesthetic recovery
- Monitoring the condition of patients and documenting medical charts
- Dispensing prescription medications under the direction of a veterinarian
- Educating pet owners on animal care and welfare, disease prevention, disease treatment and behavior concerns.
Our offices are open 7 days a week so some evening and weekend shifts are required.
Great benefit package for full time employees!
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and any job offer is contingent on passing a drug screening test and background check.
CSR – CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Applicant must be a reliable self-starter, motivated by a challenging, fast paced environment. Strong candidates will have experience in the animal medical field, a positive attitude, a friendly demeanor towards both animals and people, will be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and can demonstrate the importance and understanding of high quality customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of client service and communication center operations.
- Ability and experience in handling multiple phone lines at the same time.
- Strong client relations and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to expert computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Strong client service background.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds..
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Possessions of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient medical record, recording test results relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients treated.
- Knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used terminology of veterinary medicine to accurately record results of tests and file veterinary medical reports according to alpha, numeric, or subject matter headings.
- Requires strong client service skills. Personal contacts are with pet owners affected by a variety of problems, visitors, and other healthcare team member. Considerable tact and diplomacy are required. Must accurately relay owner’s account of the medical complaints of the pets involved to the healthcare team member who will be involved in treating the patients.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including in the meaning and spelling of words, the rule of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Professionally administer all phone calls- answering client inquires in a prompt and friendly manner, scheduling appointments, recording messages.
- Requires strong communication and client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy os required. Ability to greet client in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner- check clients in, discharge patients.
- Collect client fees, post and record payments, make change, process credit card transactions and run end of day transactions.
- Input data into computer software system
- Open and close practice
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, mailings, cleaning, organizing reception area, type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Ability to multitask
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential function in order to fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and listen: may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time’ will use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; will reach with hands and arms.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and any job offer is contingent upon passing a Drug Screening Test and Background Check.